Why BIHU is An IMPORTANT FESTIVAL OF ASSAM
Introduction: Assam is a land of various castes, communities, religions and cultures. People living in Assam celebrate their own festivals according to their own faith and customs. But Bihu is the common festival for all living in Assam. The Bihu is celebrated in the nook and comer of the state by each and every community. So, the Bihu is the most important festival of Assam.
When it is held: The Bihu is held three times in Assam throughout the year according to its kind. The people of Assam observe three kinds of Bihu. They are the Bohag Bihu or Rongali Bihu, the Kati Bihu or Kangali Bihu and the Magh Bihu or Bhogali Bihu.
The Rongali Bihu begins on the last day of the Assamese Chaitra month and it is celebrated for long seven days of the Assamese new year. The Kongali Bihu is celebrated between the Sankranti of Ahin and Kati months. The Bhogali Bihu is celebrated between the Sankranti of Puh and Magh.Why BIHU is An IMPORTANT FESTIVAL OF ASSAM
Top 10 Mutual Funds to Invest in 2023 in Assamese – click here
How Celebrated: The Bihu is celebrated with much joy and merriment. The Bohag or Rongali Bihu is thr most enjoyable of all. This Bihu is celebrated till the seventh day of the month of Bohag. The first day of the Bohag Bihu is called the ‘GaruBihu’. Cows are bathed and new ‘paghas’ are tied on this day. The second day is the ‘Manuh Bihu’. People take their bath with pulse, turmeric and honour their elders,teachers etc. with Bihuwans. Young boys and girls sing Bihu geets and dance together with great pleasure. In every place the Bihu is held on stage.
The Kati Bihu is called the poor bihu because people. undergo scarcity of their grains and crops. During this period the paddy fields look very beautiful with their crops. People light chakis in the field and in front of their granaries in the evening.
The Magh Bihu is called the Bhogali Bihu because people their crops s and fill their granaries with the harvest. People reap give more importance on eating and feeding than merry- making in this Bihu, They erect Mejis in the field and set fire on them and wann themselves by sitting around the Mejis. They have feast there, Besides, various type of delicious dishes including ‘pitha’ are served to the people in every house.
লক্ষ্মীনাথ বেজবৰুৱা || Lakshminath Bezbaroa Essay in Assamese – click here
Why Important: The Bihu is the most important festival for the Assamese people because it is related with the rotation of the seasons. The celebration of the Bihu binds all the inhabitants of Assam with its strong string of peace. People forget their jealousy and hatred during the Bihu and thus it fosters the national integration.
60 Most Important Political Question Answers For Assam Competitive Exams – click here
Conclusion: The Bihu is the national festival of the people of Assam. It is celebrated pompously and gorgeously by all sections of people irrespective or caste and religion. The Bihu hears a great significance in making the Assamese people a single nation.Why BIHU is An IMPORTANT FESTIVAL OF ASSAM
Important Computer Science Question Papers – click here
On the auspicious occasion of Magh Bihu, here we share a list of messages, wishes, and quotes which you can send to your family and friends this year.
1. May this Bihu fill your life with prosperity and success. Wishing you a happy Bihu!
2. This year, I wish that Bihu brings peace, joy and good luck for everyone! Happy Bihu!
3. May your life be as colourful and happy as Bihu!
4. Wishing you and your family a joyful and prosperous Bihu! May your life be blessed with peace, happiness, love, success and wealth!
5. May this harvest season brings happiness and prosperity to you and your family. Have a happy and prosperous Bihu!
6. May this festival bring enormous happiness and enlighten your world! Wish you and your family a happy Bihu!
7. May this Bihu bring the best opportunities your way, and all your efforts turn into huge achievements. Happy Bihu to you and your loved ones!
8. May this Bihu be delightful, prosperous and auspicious for you! Wishing you and your entire family a very Happy Bihu!
9. Sending love, warm wishes and hugs to you and your family this Bihu!
10. We might be afar but you all our in our hearts and prayers. Have a happy Bihu!
|Join Us in WhatsApp||click here|
|Get Web Hosting only on Big Rock||click here|
|Shop at Discount in Myntra||click here|
|Get FREE BITCOIN worth Rs. 50 on downloading the CoinSwitch Kuber app||click here|
|AJIO Big Bold Sale 50-60% Off|