A Letter to God || Chapter 1 || Class 10 All Question Answers
1) What did Lencho hope for ?
Answer: Lencho hoped for a downpour or atleast a shower.
2) Why did Lencho say the raindrops were like ‘new coins’ ?
Answer: Lencho was an experienced farmar. He knew that atleast a shower would help him in yielding a good harvest. It would bring him prosperity. So, he felt the rain drops were like ‘new coins’.
3) How did the rain change ? What happened to Lencho’s field?
Answer: Suddenly a strong wind began to blow and along with the rain very large hailstones began to fall. Thus, the rain changed into a hailstorm
The hail rained for an hour, not a leaf remained on the trees. The corns in Lencho’s field was totally destroyed. The flowers were gone from the plants.
4) What were Lencho’s feeling when the hailstorm stopped?
Answer: When the hail stopped, Lencho’s soul was filled with sadness. He realised that everything was ruined by the hailstorm and nothing was left to feed his family for the entire year. He only could visualise the black future of his family.
5) Who or what did Lencho have faith in? What did he do?
Answer: Lencho have strong faith God. He believe that god’s eyes watch every thing, even what is deep in one’s conscious, Hence, he wrote a letter to God citing that he needs a hundred pesos to sow his field again that was destroyed by hailstorm.
6 ) Who read the letter?
Answer: The postmaster read the letter.
7) What did Postmaster do after reading the letter?
Answer: Initially the postmaster broke out into laughter, but soon he moved by the belief of Lencho in God and for not to shake Lencho’s faith in God, the postmaster collected money and sent it to Lencho signing the letter as God.
8) Was Lencho surprised to find a letter for him with money in it ? or Did Lencho try to find out who had send the money to him ? why? why not ?
Answer : Lencho was surprised to find a letter for him with money in it nor did he try to find out who had sent the money to him. It was because he was very confident and had firm faith in God that his request would be take care of by almighty.
9) What made Lencho angry ? or Why did Lencho become angry ?
Answer : When Lencho counted the money, he found only 70 pesos instead of 100 pesos demanded by him from GOD. He was sure that God could neither make a mistake in sending him less money , nor could he have denied Lencho what he had requested . So, he doubted the honesty of the post office employees and become angry.
10) Why does the post master send money to Lencho ? Why does he sign the letter as “GOD” ?
Answer : The postmaster was deeply moved by Lencho’s faith in God. So, in order to not to shake Lencho’s faith in God expressed the letter, so the post master sent money to him. The postmaster sign the letter as God because he felt it was very essential to convey a massage to Lencho that God had sent him the money and that God himself sign on it.
11) Who does Lencho think has taken the rest of the money ? What is the irony of the situation ?
Answer : Lencho thought the post office employees have taken rest of the money. The irony in this situation is that Lencho ends up suspecting those very people who have helped him in his crisis, in order not to shake his faith in God .
12) What kind of a person Lencho was ?
Answer : Lencho was a very hardworking and naive kind of person. He had a complete faith in God. A Letter to God || Chapter 1 || Class 10 All Question Answers
|মানৱ বন্দনা || Lesson-2 || Class – 9; Assamese Question Answers – click here|
Additional Question Answers of “A Letter to God ” for Mark – 1
1) Who was Lencho ?
Answer : Lencho was a farmar .
2) What was Lencho’s profession ?
Answer: Lencho’s profession was farming.
3) When did Lencho write a letter to God ?
Answer: Lencho wrote a letter to God when his crops were ruined in a hailstorm.
4) What dis Lencho asked for God in his letter ?
Answer: Lencho asked for a hundred pesos from God in his letter .
5) Where was Lencho’s house situated ?
Answer: Lencho’s house was situated in the crest of a low hill in a solitary valley.
6) What could be seen from the Lenchos house ?
Answer: From the height of Lencho’s house one could see the river and the field of ripe corn dotted with flowers.
7) What did Lencho cultivate ?
Answer: Lencho cultivated corn .
8 ) What always promised a good harvest ?
Answer:The field with ripe corn dotted with flowers always promised a good harvest .
9) What did Lencho do throughout the morning ?
Answer: Throughout the morning Lencho did nothing else but see the sky towards the north-east.
10) What was Lencho’s wife doing ?
Answer: The woman was prepaRING SUPPER ( DINNER )
11) What was the older boys of Lencho doing ?
Answer: The older boys of Lencho were working in the field .
12) What were the smaller boys of Lencho doing ?
Answer: The smaller boys of Lencho were playing near the house .
13) What could be seen approaching in The north-east sky ?
Answer: In the north-east sky huge mountain of clouds could be seen approaching .
14) How was the air during the rain ?
Answer: The air was fresh and sweet during the rain.
15) Why did Lencho go out when it started raining ?
Answer: When it started raining, Lencho went out of his house to have the pleasure of feeling the rain on his body . A Letter to God || Chapter 1 || Class 10 All Question Answers
Assamese essay Section – click here
16 ) What the boys do when the hailstone began to fall ?
Answer: When the hailstone began to fall, the boys ran out to collect the stones that looked like frozen pearls .
17) How long did the hail rain ?
Answer: The rail rained for an hour.
18 ) How did the Lencho’s field look after the hailstorm ?
Answer: After the hailstorm Lencho’s field was white as like it covered with salt .
19) What was the only hope for Lencho ?
Answer: Only hope for the Lencho was the helpe from the God .
20 ) What did Lencho write on the envelope ?
Answer: Lencho ” To God” on the envelope .
21) What did Lencho do after going to the post office on his first day ?
Answer: At the post office Lencho placed a stamp on the letter and dropped it into the mailbox.
22) What kind of Person was the post master ?
Answer: The post master was an fat and amiable person .
23) How much money Lencho received though mail ?
Answer: Lencho received only 70 pesos through the mail.
24) What did Lencho call the post office employees ?
Answer: Lencho called the post office employees ” a bunch of crooks” .
25) Who handed the letter to Lencho ?
Answer: The post master handed the letter to Lencho .
Financial Knowledge in Assamese – click here
Additional Question Answers of “A Letter to God ” for Mark – 2/3
1) Describe where Lencho’s house was situated ? or Describe the location of Lencho’s house ?
Answer : Lencho’s house was situated on the crest of a low hill in a solitary valley. his house was surrounded with the river and the fields of ripe corn dotted with flowers that always promised a good harvest.
2) Describe the field of Lencho before the rain or hailstorm ?
Answer : Before the hailstorm, there was ripe corn dotted with flowers in Lencho’s field. It always promised a good harvest. The only thing Lencho need for his field was a downpour or atleast a shower .
3) Describe the destruction caused by the hailstorm in Lencho’s field ? or Describe the condition of Lencho’s field after the hailstorm ?
Answer : After the hailstorm, not a single leaf remained on the trees of Lencho’s field . The corns were totally destroyed . The flowers were gone from the plants . It seemed that a plague of locusts would have left more than this. The hail had left nothing .
4) How did Lencho console his family ?
Answer : After the destruction of Lencho’s field, Lencho and his family became very upset. But, they just had a single hope in their heart – The help from the God. Lencho console his family by saying that they should not be upset even though they seemed like a total loss.
5) What dis Lencho write in his first letter to God ?
Answer : In his first letter to God Lencho wrote that if God didn’t help him , he along with his family will die because of hunger that is why he needed 100 pesos from God in order to sow his field again and to live until the crop grow again because the hailstorm had left nothing in his fiels .
6) How did Lencho react after receiving the letter ?
Answer : After receiving the letter Lencho counted the money and was angry because it was 70 pesos instead of 100 pesos . He thought that post office employees might stole the rest of 30 pesos.
7) Why did Lencho write a second letter to God ?
Answer : Lencho had to write a second letter to God because through the mail he got 70 pesos instead of 100 pesos that was requested to God to send him. As he needed the said amount very much, so he wrote a second letter to god asking remaining 30 pesos directly through mail, so that post office employees won’t able to take money.
8) What did Lencho write in the second letter to God?
Answer : In his second letter to God, Lencho wrote that of the money that he had asked for , only 70 pesos had reached and receive by him . He requested to God to send him the rest , since he needed it very much. And also he requested God to send the money to him directly through mail instead of sending through post office employees . A Letter to God || Chapter 1 || Class 10 All Question Answers
|Join us on WhatsApp||click here|
|Create Your Free Demat Account on GROWW||click here|